WAIT


Copyright © WD, 2021 All rights reserved.






All we do is wait. Every one of us is waiting for something or someone. For say, I am waiting for correct words to come into my mind that seems blocked. I have so many thoughts hatching in my little brain that it becomes hard to serve a platter with a perfect blend of tastes that could appeal to people who try it. The wait is all we can do. When it comes to this particular thing, everyone becomes powerless, helpless. Waiting is the only fight no one can help you in. All that another person can do is join you in waiting and stay with you.

Imagine being in a toxic work environment where your superior is bossy and inconsiderate. You wait to be heard, you wait to stand against all that you have been through, you wait for that perfect moment when you can rebel and not get caught, and you wait to be able to run away the moment you get the chance.

Imagine having a crush on that one person who caught your eyes among all the other million people you saw throughout. You wait to catch a glimpse without letting anyone else notice. You wait for that one coincidence when your eyes meet, and you wait to see that person smile. If that is just a chance encounter like in a shopping mall or an amusement park, you wait and wish to meet that person again. Things become difficult in disguise of sweetness if it’s a regular encounter, you wait to catch hints if at all, they are being dropped in the first place. The cherry on top is being an introvert because there is no chance you could end your wait.  

The most burdensome thing is to wait for one’s feelings to be expressed. Waiting for others might be less tiring but waiting with oneself is hard. At least for me, it is. There have been so many instances when I wanted to burst open, so many times I wanted to scream my lungs out and yell. So many times, I have wanted to punch the person standing in front of me. There were instances when I desired to tell someone that I like being there in that moment with them. But all I do is to wait, wait for what I don’t know. I have even held back to name my emotions. I have always denied having feelings tagged with some name. I have never told anyone that I hate that thing, person, or situation. Never have I ever accepted that I might love something or someone just because I wait to make sure if that’s right.

I read somewhere, Dr. Dan Siegel coined a phrase, “name it to tame it,” and I understood it much later. We should name our emotions and feelings. Once we do it, we release some stress and pressure from our minds. We become comprehensible about our feelings as we tag them. We understand ourselves better and, the better we get ourselves, the better we tame our wandering minds. The wildness once tamed, will reduce the wait, the wait that we usually can’t control. This gives us a sense of power and finally leads to happiness.

It’s a full circle. But it’s easier said than done. Even though yesterday I understood the potential of naming our feelings and tasted the momentary happiness and power. Even though waiting might be difficult, still, I am here waiting. Even this blog had to wait for its completion. I have to wait for tomorrow. Waiting has its own essence, a feeling that I am lacking the words to explain with. Maybe the right time is the answer to waiting. Just the right time. Let’s take the example of fruit. If plucked before, it might not be sweet; if plucked late, then it might have been a waste already. Only waiting for the right time will give the best fruit. So let’s wait for our right time, the right time which is uncertain, unknown, and might come unannounced. Wait, what if my right time is gone? This question just made me uncomfortable, and I really want to remove this whole sentence. But if I remove it then I will not be truthful. And the next thing that just came into my mind is quite positive.

Life is a full circle; even if one right time is gone, another one is waiting for you as much as you are waiting for it. And just like two long-lost lovers, the time and you. When the wait is over flowers of spring will bloom. Let’s embrace the wait, name our feelings, become a little more expressive, and stay strong!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating: A Psychological Game

A letter to BTS

LANGUAGE...